TraceLink smart inventory tracker for warehouse compliance
March 19, 2019
Massachusetts-based TraceLink, an integrated digital supply network providing real-time information sharing in the medical industry, has announced a smart inventory tracker for cloud-based end-to-end warehouse compliance.
The tracker lets companies with warehousing operations meet business and compliance needs, including the EU Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) and US Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA).
Natively connected to the cloud and purpose-built to leverage TraceLink's information-sharing capabilities within its digital supply network platform, the tracker can improve operational efficiencies in the warehouse, allowing companies to verify and update the status of serialised product, receive real-time feedback and generate compliance reporting based on configurable workflows.
With connections to 32 national medicine verification systems and integration with TraceLink's saleable returns verification system, the tracker helps companies meet their traceability, receiving and distribution requirements for FMD and DSCSA. It can run on any mobile device and does not require integration with a warehouse management system (WMS).
"As we expand our business to serve all the digital supply network needs within the life sciences industry, TraceLink provides the only end-to-end platform that enables companies to capture, process and exchange serialised product data across a digital supply network," said Shabbir Dahod, president and CEO of TraceLink. "Leveraging the value of our unique network platform, the smart inventory tracker is a complete warehousing solution that integrates with other TraceLink network applications, enabling companies to be compliant while optimising warehouse product inventory and minimising disruption in their warehousing workflow."
With the tracker, companies can take advantage of the capabilities of TraceLink's integrated digital supply network platform to meet their own warehouse needs with a customisation that integrates the benefits for an end-to-end information sharing ecosystem, including the following:
- Improve and automate warehouse processes, including receiving, returns, picking, packing and shipping;
- Receive delivery orders from WMS or ERP systems and verify that the correct product, lot and quantity are packed;
- Handle post-batch rework for sampling, verification or damaged product, at the warehouse level;
- Perform aggregation and de-aggregation, with the ability to support mass decommissioning in the future;
- Support the full DSCSA and FMD compliance requirements for traceability, receiving and distribution;
- Verify and decommission serial numbers for all FMD exception use cases, including articles 16, 22 and 23; and
- Scan products to meet the DSCSA verification requirement for suspect or returned product.