Philips announces connected care updates at HIMSS
February 19, 2019
Philips announced connected care technology to help drive precision diagnosis, suggested treatment and follow-up at last week’s Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) meeting in Florida.
The Dutch company spotlighted integration enhanced by adaptive intelligence across key areas of health information management, addressing problems such as inefficient workflows, interoperability, managing data overload and aggregation, cost control, and cyber security.
"At Philips, our mission is to deliver solutions that take the complexity out of healthcare through a truly integrated approach to drive better health outcomes, improved patient and staff experience and lower cost of care," said Carla Kriwet, chief business leader of connected care at Philips. "We develop and deliver intelligent, integrated data management and analytics to bring together the full picture of the patient to help facilitate better informed decision-making and care delivery within the hospital, in post-acute care settings and in the home."
Philips integrations feature smart enterprise systems, devices, software and services that bring together patient population data to help drive a more proactive approach to care. Data-driven actionable insights leveraging AI help enable precision diagnosis and standardisation of care across the enterprise and improve workflows.
Visitors experienced a full suite of integrated technology ranging from wireless biosensors, monitoring systems and AI enabled clinical decision support, to out-of-hospital products and critical enterprise imaging data consolidated across radiology, cardiology, oncology and pathology.
In-the-hospital products manage vast amounts of patient-generated health data, integrating information within the EHR, leveraging predictive analytics to help drive better informed care decisions. Products include:
- IntelliSpace Enterprise Edition – managed service informatics to enable data integration across the enterprise for more confident informed decisions and improve patient care and staff experience with more streamlined workflows.
- eICU – a scalable, centralised tele-ICU combining AV technology, predictive analytics, data visualisation and reporting to extend critical care resources to the bedside via technology regardless of location.
- Interoperability – open standards-based interoperability software for fast and flawless data flows between medical systems and information sources at departmental and enterprise levels, and health information exchanges (HIEs) across health systems.
- Performance Bridge – vendor agnostic, integrated, scalable portfolio of services, tools and support to empower hospital departments with real-time information to improve performance and build a programme for continuous improvement.
- Patient iX information centre – central station that includes Data Warehouse Connect, a continuous, high-resolution data-capture and storage product that lets organisations leverage rich data sets to execute quality-improvement programmes, boost operational efficiency and conduct research.
- IntelliSpace Precision Medicine – cloud-based platform brings together actionable clinical patient information from disparate data sources, intelligently organised across dashboards to facilitate collaborative diagnostic treatment and follow-up decisions by multidisciplinary tumour boards via Dana-Farber oncology pathways, genomic bioinformatics and interpretation, clinical trial matching, and clinical dashboards.
- IntelliSite Pathology – this scalable product enhances productivity with high-resolution digital images, collaborative features and case management tools, designed to support clinical practice, improve patient care and reduce costs.
- Illumeo with adaptive intelligence – introduces a paradigm of clinically intelligent software designed to change how clinicians see, seek and share information by providing a tailored workflow experience which adapts to preferences and patient context.
- IntelliSpace Portal –visualisation platform provides analysis tools for complex cases to enhance confident diagnosis.
- COPD pathway management – analytics to identify at-risk populations, combined with care management programmes and connected devices, applications and monitoring that help manage COPD patients at home to reduce COPD readmissions and the total cost of care.
- Aging and caregiving - the Philips Cares digital experience exposes, organises and connects care across a network of informal and formal caregivers, analytics and services to support those who are aging.
Connected devices, applications and remote monitoring programmes help increase patient engagement and access to care, to track progress over time.
With a focus on lowering the cost of care and improving efficiency, Philips recently expanded its IntelliSpace Enterprise Edition enterprise-wide health informatics platform to include Performance Bridge. Enhancements include IntelliSpace Precision Medicine Oncology, IntelliSpace Genomics and interoperable clinical data sharing with IntelliSpace Exchange. Philips is also introducing technology to improve patient and staff experience with the launch of IntelliSpace Epidemiology. The decision-support product is the first to combine clinical and genomic technologies for precision infection control to identify healthcare associated infections efficiently and accurately.