Infor enhances asset management platform
August 21, 2018
New York enterprise software company Infor has enhanced its EAM asset management platform to target specific industries including transit and transportation.
Designed to help improve asset performance, EAM is enterprise asset management software with built-in industry-specific functionality that uses predictive and preventive technologies to extend asset life and increase efficiency. It is scalable and accessible on any mobile device, can be deployed in the cloud, on premise or as a hybrid, and is built on modern architecture.
The latest iteration has added features, including for recording and sending data and added support features:
- Expanded industry-specific functionality: EAM 11.4 includes updates that are targeted at users in the transit, transportation, public sector, manufacturing, healthcare and utilities industries. The mobile notebook and checklist features received enhancements to make them more intuitive and user-friendly.
- Deeper support for GDPR compliance: To ease the stress of varying regulations across the globe, there is now the added ability to review and maintain records with GDPR.
- More streamlined communications: With a feature for sending documents and recording data brings the added ability to attach documents when sending emails with a checkbox on the setup screen. Added features provide users with the ability to record notes about a defect, a piece of equipment, or general notes with the new notebook screen. The emails and references tabs of this screen allow users to share notes with other employees. These features help streamline communications, making information sharing quicker and intuitive.
- Quick and easy access to necessary information: The perform linear search popup on the work orders screen lets users search for work orders along a specified linear equipment record. This allows employees to access the information they need quickly to make informed decisions.
- Added support for extended functionality: The update provides users with checklist types, the ability to conduct checklists jointly with colleagues, security updates, and integration with the nonconformity tracking features. Extended support on these functions helps users get work done safely and confidently.
- Additional server integration options: Users gain more flexibility with support for multiple adaptors on the GIS server and integration with the additional ability to use a web adaptor other than the default web adaptor.
Infor builds business software for specific industries in the cloud, and has 16,500 employees and more than 90,000 customers in more than 170 countries.