Eurotech announces modular IoT edge gateways
April 7, 2020
Italian embedded systems company Eurotech has announced a family of modular IoT edge gateways. The modular BoltGate 20-31 family addresses applications for smart transportation by combining hardware and software for edge processing and cloud connectivity.
The gateways allow configuration flexibility with a modular concept, starting from the main CPU module that can be used stand alone, and by adding all the expansion modules to take advantage of additional features.
The main CPU module is based on the Intel Atom E3900 processor and will be available in the following configurations:
- Two wifi, Bluetooth LE and cellular LTE Cat 4 global variants based on two- or four-core CPU; and
- One multifunction vehicle bus plus cellular LTE Cat 4 global variant based on a four-core CPU.
The expansion modules will provide:
- BoltAir 20-31: Wireless units and an odometer input.
- BoltSer 20-31: Serial and Can interfaces.
- BoltIO 20-31: Digital IOs.
- BoltNet 20-31: Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- BoltStor 20-31: Storage expansion module.
The system is enhanced by Eurotech’s IoT edge ESF Everyware software framework. ESF speeds time to market for IoT transportation applications such as passenger infotainment and entertainment, train-to-ground communications, and fleet management. The Java-based IoT edge framework provides a friendly web-based user interface to compose data flows visually to acquire data from the bus, filter, aggregate and analyse it at the edge, and publish it to the cloud though the MQTT protocol.
“By introducing the BoltGate 20-31, Eurotech once again confirms its experience in delivering top-class products addressing the railway applications and its ability to fulfil the industry’s demanding requirements with innovative and long-lasting solutions,” said Massimiliano Marrone, Eurotech’s boards and systems product manager.