Digi development kit helps build intelligent devices
June 6, 2019
Purpose-built for IoT environments, the Digi ConnectCore 8X development kit is said to provide a complete and secure platform to build connected intelligent devices.
Minnesota-based Digi has introduced the off-the-shelf single board computer (SBC), with support for Linux and Android, as a connected concept for device manufacturers building edge-intelligent products. Now, development kits are widely available to deliver on the promise of hardware-enabled, software-defined connectivity.
The ConnectCore 8X provides cloud and edge-compute services integration while reducing time to market by eliminating traditional risk, effort and complexity of custom board designs without sacrificing flexibility or capabilities.
- Industrial i.MX 8X quad core SoM and SBC platform family.
- Compact form factor integrates an on-board dual-band antenna option, USB connectivity, Digi XBee RF connector and cellular connectivity options.
- Multi-display, camera and audio support.
- External storage and expansion connectors.
- Power management with hardware and software support for low-power designs.
- Built-in Digi TrustFence security framework featuring secure boot, encrypted file systems and protected ports.